Obtaining Egyptian Citizenship for Yemenis
Have you ever thought about investing in a property in exchange for obtaining Egyptian citizenship? Did you know that Yemenis can now obtain Egyptian citizenship by buying property? In this article, we will inform you about all the details of the naturalization of Yemenis in Egypt.
How to Obtain Egyptian Citizenship?
Egypt, represented by the Council of Ministers, has sought to organize a law for cases in which Egyptian citizenship is granted in order to facilitate the process of naturalizing Yemenis in Egypt and others, whether Arabs or foreigners. The ways to obtain Egyptian citizenship are in 5, which are as follows:
First: irrevocable deposit of 250 thousand US dollars
He who wishes to obtain Egyptian citizenship shall make a transfer from abroad in the amount of 250 thousand US dollars to the Central Bank of Egypt as direct revenues in foreign currency to be placed in the state’s public treasury, provided that this amount is irrevocable.
Second: a deposit of $750,000 to be recovered after 5 years
He who wishes to obtain Egyptian citizenship shall make a transfer from abroad in the amount of 750,000 US dollars to the Central Bank of Egypt. This amount shall not be recovered before the lapse of 5 years, the amount shall be refunded in Egyptian pounds at the exchange rate announced upon redemption, and the price shall not exceed the price upon deposit, i.e., without benefits.
Third: a deposit amounting to one million US dollars to be recovered after 3 years
He who wishes to obtain Egyptian citizenship shall make a transfer from abroad worth one million US dollars to the Central Bank of Egypt. This amount is not refunded before the lapse of 3 years, provided that the amount is refunded in Egyptian pounds at the exchange rate announced upon redemption, and it shall not exceed the price upon deposit, i.e., without benefits.
Fourth: Participation in an investment project with a percentage of not less than 40%
He who wishes to obtain Egyptian citizenship shall participate in an investment project, provided that the value of the amount to be participated in shall not be less than 400,000 US dollars to be transferred from abroad. The participation rate in the project shall not be less than 40% of the capital. You can see Investment Law No. 72 For the year 2017, for more information.
Fifth: Purchasing a property valued at no less than $500,000
The Council of Ministers has developed a new method for naturalization in Egypt for Yemenis 2021. It has provided more opportunities for foreigners and Arabs in general to obtain Egyptian citizenship by purchasing state-owned property, provided that the property’s value is not less than 500 thousand US dollars.
Buying a Residential or Commercial Property to Obtain Citizenship
We mentioned before that there is a way to obtain Egyptian citizenship by buying a state-owned property provided that its value is not less than 500 thousand US dollars. So, you can seize the opportunity and obtain Egyptian citizenship by buying a residential or commercial property in one of the high-end compounds in egypt or huge commercial projects. These projects are available in many new cities, such as the New Administrative Capital, New Cairo, New Alamein, Mostakbal City, 6th of October City and others.
Investment by Buying and Renting a Property
You can invest in Egypt by buying a commercial or administrative property in one of the commercial malls or administrative buildings and offering it for rent. So, the project owners, as well as companies, can compete for renting the unit. This gives you a great benefit due to the high rental prices of commercial and administrative units, as the return of administrative properties is higher than residential by 10 to 15% of the value of the unit price annually.
Investing in Properties is the Guarantee for You
Since the person who wants to obtain Egyptian citizenship is usually not very familiar with the Egyptian market, the idea of purchasing a property worth at least $ 500,000, whether it is a residential, commercial or administrative property and offering it for rent, is a safer idea for him. The prices of properties are constantly on the rise and the person who wants to obtain Egyptian citizenship will enjoy a successful and profitable investment project that returns a large financial income when offered for rent.
Conditions for Yemenis to Obtain Egyptian Citizenship
There are several conditions that a Yemeni person shall meet to obtain Egyptian citizenship. These conditions are as follows:
- The person wishing to obtain Egyptian citizenship shall not be less than 21 years old, and shall not suffer from a physical or mental disability.
- He shall have resided in Egypt for a period of no less than 10 years.
- He shall have resided in Egypt, not for the purpose of study or tourism.
- He shall have a source of livelihood and legal income.
- He shall not have been previously accused of a criminal charge or a case of dishonourable conduct and shall be a person of good repute.
- He shall be able to deal in the Arabic language proficiently.
Documents Required from Yemenis to Obtain Egyptian Citizenship
There are several documents that shall be brought to apply for Egyptian citizenship. These documents are as follows:
- A copy of the passport with the original nationality of the person applying for Egyptian nationality. If the person holds other nationalities, a copy of the passport of other nationalities shall be submitted.
- The original birth certificate.
- 4 recent personal photos.
- The origin of the criminal newspaper from the Egyptian authorities.
- An original certificate of the applicant’s movements to obtain citizenship is to be extracted from his country.
- An original certificate of the applicant’s movements to obtain citizenship to be extracted from the country in which he wishes to reside, for the last 5 years prior to the date of the citizenship application.
- A certificate from the country of origin of the person applying for Egyptian citizenship stating that he has not been convicted in a criminal case or a charge of dishonourable offences or has been sentenced to a freedom-restricting penalty. This certificate shall be ratified by the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- An official certificate stating that the applicant for citizenship has signed a medical examination.
- If the applicant owns any shares in a company, he shall submit the papers for that company. If he owns any real estate in Egypt, he shall submit ownership contracts as well as copies of the car licenses he owns.
- The original investment program fulfilment document is submitted during the period of stay in Egypt.
- An acknowledgement from the person who wishes to obtain the Egyptian nationality stating the other nationalities he holds.
- The original application for obtaining Egyptian citizenship.
- A copy of a transfer document from abroad to the Central Bank of Egypt to transfer 10 thousand US dollars or its equivalent.
- If the person is married, the following documents shall be submitted along with the previously mentioned documents:
- A passport copy of the wife who holds her original nationality. If the wife has other nationalities, copies of the passports for that shall be submitted.
- A copy of the marriage contract.
- A copy of the minor children’s passport, birth certificates, or identity cards.
Use the Compounds Guide on Aqarmap
To make it easier for you, the Compounds Guide on Aqarmap helps you search for properties in compounds with high-end designs and international services. So, you can buy a property to live in and enjoy a better future. Or, you can invest in it by offering it for rent and benefiting from the profitable financial return
- How to Obtain Egyptian Citizenship?
- First: irrevocable deposit of 250 thousand US dollars
- Second: a deposit of $750,000 to be recovered after 5 years
- Third: a deposit amounting to one million US dollars to be recovered after 3 years
- Fourth: Participation in an investment project with a percentage of not less than 40%
- Fifth: Purchasing a property valued at no less than $500,000
- Buying a Residential or Commercial Property to Obtain Citizenship
- Investment by Buying and Renting a Property
- Investing in Properties is the Guarantee for You
- Conditions for Yemenis to Obtain Egyptian Citizenship
- Documents Required from Yemenis to Obtain Egyptian Citizenship
- Use the Compounds Guide on Aqarmap
- Start searching for properties on Aqarmap