Egyptian Nationality and Dual Nationalities
In the last few years, many Arabs are seeking to earn Egyptian nationality; especially after the Cabinet of Ministers’ decision to grant Egyptian nationality under few requirements which includes real estate investment. This, therefore, allowed businessmen to not only invest in Egypt but also earn Egyptian nationality.
This decision allowed many Arab citizens from countries such as Syria, Iraq,Yemen, and Libya to apply for the nationality, enjoy the full rights of an Egyptian citizen, dealing with official institutions and governmental channels personally, and further facilitations in paperwork related to family or business.
##The Latest Amendments in Egyptian Nationality Law
The Egyptian House of Representatives approved a couple of amendments on the law on granting Egyptian nationality in a way that investors can earn it through few application procedures and few conditions to be fulfilled.
According to these amendments, investors can obtain Egyptian nationality in case of purchasing, investing in any real estate project, or opening a trust fund in the Central Bank of Egypt (CBE).
##5 Ways to Earn Egyptian Nationality
According to the latest amendments in the list of requirements to apply for Egyptian nationality, there are 5 main ways through which this could happen and they include:
- Depositing a non-refundable $250,000 to Egypt’s national treasury
- Buying a state-owned real estate property with a value of no less than $500,000
- Starting a project with a capital of $400,000
- Depositing $1 million in a 3-year trust fund in CBE
- Depositing $750,000 in a 5-year trust fund in CBE
##Where Can You Go to Apply for Egyptian Nationality?
According to the National Authority for Investment and Free Zone, the applicants who are interested in applying for Egyptian nationality through investment can go to the unit responsible for processing nationality applications at the National Authority for Investment and Free Zone in the Sefarat neighborhood.
A representative is immediately tasked to process their interest by going through all the required documents needed to apply prior to giving them the official application form of Egyptian nationality.
##What Are the Required Documents for the Application?
The unit responsible for processing applications stated that applicants are required to prepare approximately 18 documents in order to fulfill the requirements of earning Egyptian nationality through investment. These documents are:
- The original of the application form
- A copy of the bank statement that verifies the transfer of $10,000 from abroad as application fees to the Central Bank of Egypt
- A copy of the applicant’s passport of the country of origin
- A copy of the applicant’s passport of any other nationalities they currently have
- 3 original, recent personal pictures
- A statement of declaration from the applicant of all nationalities they currently have
- A copy of the spouse’s passport of the country of origin
- A copy of the spouse’s passport of any other nationalities they currently have
- A copy of the marriage certificate
- A copy of the children’s passports, birth certificates, or national IDs
- The original paper of the applicant’s criminal status record that should be verified form Egyptian authorities
- The original paper of the applicant’s list of movements from their country of origin
- The original paper of the applicant’s list of movements from their country of residence (no less than 5 years of residence from the date of application)
- An original statement from their country of origin that confirms that the applicant did not face any criminal sentence nor are they facing any penalties in honour crimes, and it should be verified from the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA)
- In case the applicant owns shares of any companies, they must provide a copy of the company’s commercial record and a copy of the company’s taxation card. In addition to a copy of ownership contracts in case they own any real estate properties and a copy of the driving license of any vehicle they possess
- The original certificate of the medical checkup
- The original paper that states and confirms the fulfillment of the Investment Programme
##Dual Nationalism in Egyptian Law
Egyptian law allows people to have more than one nationality or what is known as “dual nationalities”. However, citizens who want to apply for other nationalities must notify Egyptian authorities before starting the application process while keeping their first nationality.
##Real Estate Investment for Foreigners in Egypt
One of the forms of real estate investment in Egypt to earn Egyptian nationality is buying any state-owned real estate property with no less than $500,000.
However, foreigners can also start building their new life in Egypt and earn the nationality by starting a project with a $400,000 capital. Among the main areas in which foreigners can invest in are New Alamein City, Shorouk City, the New Administrative Capital, and other new cities.
- ##The Latest Amendments in Egyptian Nationality Law
- ##5 Ways to Earn Egyptian Nationality
- ##Where Can You Go to Apply for Egyptian Nationality?
- ##What Are the Required Documents for the Application?
- ##Dual Nationalism in Egyptian Law
- ##Real Estate Investment for Foreigners in Egypt
- Start searching for properties on Aqarmap