Your guide to choose best Floor mats for your house
Floor mats and rugs are the most important aesthetic and basic décor touches.
In this article, we will provide you with everything related to Floor mats, and rugs, such as: types, designs and materials, and the most important advice before choosing them for your house.
Floor mats and rugs are of the most important aesthetic and basic décor touches that we care about when preparing the apartment. Such mats and rugs have various types, designs and colors.
Here you are the most important types of carpets and floor covering:
Carpets and rugs
Carpets and rugs are the oldest and most famous types of textiles commonly recognized as floor mats, and here you are their most important advantages and disadvantages:
- What are the most common types and designs of carpets and rugs?
Rugs are made from synthetic fibers.
It is a type of floor coverings used to cover the entire design of the floor, so it is necessary to make sure that you are taking the right sizes of the floor before buying it.
Handmade rugs are among the most famous types of floor mats ever, especially in the Middle East. They are spun by hand machines. Also, Wool and cotton are used in its materials.
It is a rug that is spun from silk threads. This type is considered one of the most valuable types of floor coverings. It is decorated with oriental and Islamic decorations and writings that give it a valuable and wonderful appearance.
Carpets which are made in Iran, and have two types: “Qom rugs, and Isfahani’s carpets.” They are one the finest types of carpets. They include silk textiles and natural colors extracted from plants and animals.
It is a carpet that is made of luxurious silk materials, and is mostly used for important rooms, such as: the salon and guest room, but it can’t bear high heat and sunlight.
Caucasian carpets and rugs
It is a carpet made of wool dyed in various colors.
It is a rug made of the finest wool in China, and it is marked by its soft designs and affordable prices.
Advantages of using carpets and rugs
- Being available in many different designs and colors.
- Being affordable at different prices to suit all levels.
Disadvantages of using carpets and rugs
- The thicker types of carpets gather dust, making it difficult to clean.
- Some types of low-quality carpets quickly fade.
Artificial grass is a type of floor covering and is well known for being used in sports fields. In recent years, it has been used to cover the floor of balcony, nurseries and companies. Here are all information you need to know about artificial grass, its types, advantages and disadvantages:
- What are the types of artificial grass?
It is one of the types that are used as a decoration in houses.
It is one of the most famous types of artificial grass. It is used for stadiums and companies, because it is a kind of the wide grass.
This type of artificial grass is very uncommon to use, and is known for its thick layer.
Advantages of using artificial grass
- It can bear environmental factors, such as: moisture and water.
- Easy to install.
- Its colors don’t fade quickly, so it stays shiny for long periods of use.
Disadvantages of artificial grass
- It causes long-term health diseases, because it is made from chemicals, such as: polyester.
- It interacts with heat.
Carpet and rug cover
The last type of floor coverings is carpet coverings. It is a type of textile that has appeared in recent years, and is placed on carpets or rugs to protect it. Also, covers are available in both standard and luxurious Turkish styles, and are used to keep carpets clean all the time, and maintain it from deterioration. Moreover, carpet covers are lightweight, easy to fold, easy to clean and store, and are affordable to everyone.
Here are the most important tips before choosing floor mats and rugs
Before you buy carpets and rugs, these tips may help you in making the most appropriate decision:
- Note down the exact size of room floor, taking into account the spaces occupied by the decoration.
- Choose carpets in colors consistent with the colors of paint and furniture, so that the carpet highlights the beauty of the decoration and wall paint.
- Make sure to buy a suitable type for each season, for example: heavy carpets with thick thread fits winter, and light carpets are suitable for summer.
- If the rooms are small in size, it is preferable to avoid carpets that contain many decorations and colors, and instead choose a simple design in light color.